Monday, June 30, 2008

Mail Reply!

I've been cleaning out my spare bedroom/storage space, and sending everything I can in the mail to people that share names with me and my friends. A little over a week ago, I sent a couple of photographs (of "B" and "L") mounted to foam core:




I picked the names out of state (a BH in California and a LS in Connecticut). After the package arrived, BH tracked down the real LS (through her blog) and sent her a cordial email (names abbreviated, for what it's worth):

Hello,

This email my seem a bit weird, but here goes. My name is BH and I received a package today from somebody named LS. After opening it, the package definitely didn't seem to be for me, although it was addressed to me (or at least my name). I had to google the return name on it, and when I did I came across your site. I also came across the name BH on your site so I am assuming the picture / letter was for him and that you had sent it. I know this is a bit weird, but I figured I would reach out to you in the chance that you in fact did send this package. Maybe I can help you get it to where it needs to go or send it back to you. Let me know.

And by the way, great blog!

BH

Weird!

No comments: