Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Charlie Crist No. 9

04/30/08


Dear Governor Crist,

As a temporarily disabled resident of the Tampa Bay area, I am writing to you in regards to all current and future printmaking students at the University of South Florida. Recently, while working late at night in the print lab, I inflicted a deep cut against my own index finger (because of carelessness). Once the blood began to flow, I swiftly wrapped a paper towel around my finger to stop the blood. I then went looking for the first aid box (which is required in all the studio areas). As I threw the hinge off the black box and opened the door, I was surprised to find that there were no first aid supplies in the box at all! I was forced to stem the blood loss as best as I could, and drive to CVS at 3:30 in the morning to buy bandages, hydrogen peroxide, Neosporin, and medical grade tape.
Although I did not lose my finger, I didn’t lose my concern for the lack of medical supplies either. I propose that you take evasive measures immediately to ensure that this kind of issue is not encountered a second time. Governor Crist, I suggest a St. Bernard trained in rescue procedure is housed in each studio area of the USF Fine Art’s Department. Mobile, fully stocked, furry, and friendly, these four-legged E.M.Ts would ensure accessible medical supplies, as well as protect the facilities when they are empty. Graduate students would be in charge of the dog’s welfare and exercise. If you need information on local St. Bernard breeders or trainers, I would be happy to assist. Thank you.

Sincerely,


Michael Reynolds



Attached:



No comments: