Friday, October 3, 2008

New Letter to Crist

October 3, 2008

Dear Governor Crist,

I recently attended your appearance at the University of Tampa (Tuesday, September 23rd) and needless to say, I was impressed. With all the media attention and giant crowds gathered, you managed to appropriately (and safely) handle a foreign dog presented to you on the spot and still come out #1. Kudos!

Neither my girlfriend nor I have seen foreign dog handling performed at such a high level of skill (is this a trait shared by other governors?). When I am presented with a foreign dog with which to handle, I tend to tense up and sweat through my midsection. But not you, Governor Crist! Although awkward at first, you accepted the foreign dog, lifting him under his arms to pose with him for pictures 10-15 seconds longer than you really had to. That’s charity you should be able to write off on your taxes!

You’ve become a hero of sorts down at the local animal shelter. Now, when fellow volunteers and I go to accept a foreign dog, we all jokingly say “better use the Crist method for this one!” Then, we’ll wink (but not all of us at the same time).

As always, Governor, you have set the proverbial bar for dog handling at an almost unreachable height. You are leading by example, a trait I wish more of our publicly elected officials possessed.

Sincerely,



Michael Reynolds


Enclosed:

(4"x6")

(8.5"x11," signed)